22 apr. 2017

DreamºDare’Do



So today I met up with a bunch of inspiring women. They’re the first all-female crew from Finland participating in the ARC 2018! The Atlantic Rally for Cruisers is a sailing competition from Gran Canaria to Saint Lucia. The ARC is described as a ‘must do’ for many sailors, and attracts over 200 boats and 1200 people every year to sail 2700 NM across the Atlantic.

These brave, smart, funny and beautiful women are going to sail across the Atlantic in about a year and a half. Planning and preparations have started and this weekend team building was on the agenda. I spent the day getting to know them a bit and listening to them talk about their values, roles, skills and expectations. They radiated positive energy, enthusiasm and joy. And it was catching. I found myself feeling, well, empowered by just being in the same room as these women. They have a long way to go and there’s a lot of work to be done before the race, and I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to document parts of this journey. It’s so cool! I really can’t contain my excitement!




Inga kommentarer: